The Nixon PTA endorses Measure Z on the November ballot, to upgrade classrooms, science and engineering labs, and other school facilities in Palo Alto Unified School District.
We live in one of the best school districts in California and the nation. Ten years ago, voters overwhelmingly approved the Strong Schools Bond Measure to fund improvements to aging schools. These projects were completed on time and on budget. However, this measure was only intended to address the first half of facility needs identified at that time.
Measure Z is the next step in the plan to upgrade our schools. Voting Yes on Z provides dedicated local funding to complete the next phase of repairs and improvements, so our schools remain safe, accessible and able to support 21st-century learning standards.
Ensure school facilities are accessible for students with disabilities and equitable for all.
Vote YES on Z to:
- Upgrade schools to current seismic safety standards to help keep students safe in an earthquake
- Complete needed repairs and renovations at school facilities by replacing aging roofs, plumbing, electrical, heating and ventilation systems
- Increase school safety and security by upgrading re alarms, door locks and emergency communication systems to meet current standards
- Provide classrooms and labs to support up-to-date science, technology, engineering and robotics instruction
- Provide up-to-date facilities to maintain outstanding performing and visual arts programs
Measure Z Requires Strict Fiscal Accountability
- By law, all funds must stay local and no money can be taken away by the State. No funds can be used for administrators’ salaries, pensions or benefits
- An independent citizens’ oversight committee and annual audits are mandatory to ensure funds are spent as promised.
Please join us in supporting the continued success of our students by voting Yes on Z.
Join your Nixon Community on Saturday, September 15th at 11:00AM for the Stanford vs. UC Davis football game. We will be seated together to cheer on the Cardinal. Don’t forget, it’s Cardinal Kids Day which means there will be fun kid-friendly activities pre-game and post-game in the Fan Fest area.
All kids 8th grade and under are free with paid adult admission (up to 4 kids per adult). Adult tickets are $20. To buy your tickets visit gostanford.com/promo-code and enter STANFORD:NIXON.
Questions? Contact Mike Stryker at (650) 724-7314, email@example.com or Nixon parent Tracie Crothers at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Nixon PTA welcomes everyone back to school at our first school-wide event. Please come see friends old and new at the Back to School Social from 4:00-5:30 pm on Friday, August 10th in the Nixon Theater. Here’s your chance to see your child’s classroom assignment, check out after-school enrichment programs, find out how you can volunteer, turn in your Annual Giving Forms (coming in the mail soon) and PiE contributions, join the PTA, purchase some Nixon apparel, and check out what’s new on campus. Lots of fun for everyone! See you there!
***Back to School Packets will be arriving to your home soon, keep a look out for the mailman! Here’s an online version of the packet.
May 11, 2018, 4:30PM to 8PM
To celebrate diverse cultures!
Cultural Booths 4:30PM to 6PM
Visit cultural booths from many countries
Wear your traditional clothing to the event
Kids will receive a “passport” as they travel around the world
Deadline to sign-up to host a booth is April 23.
International Buffet 5PM to 6:30PM
Feature tasty international cuisine, contributed by Nixon families and PTA
Advance Buffet Ticket, $5/person
Purchase tickets by May 8 and be part of the Global Raffle. Winners will be announced during the Entertainment. Prizes include t-shirts, games, gift certificates, and more!
Entertainment 6:30PM to 7:30/8PM
Enjoy multicultural music and dance performed by our very own Nixon kids
Families are welcome to bring a blanket and sit on the grass to watch the show
Deadline to sign-up for a performance slot is April 30
Interested to Volunteer? Contact:
Come have fun with us, during the annual Nixon Ice Skating Night at Winter Lodge!
Since this popular event is on a Saturday this year, it may sell out. Pre-purchasing tickets is recommended to ensure your child’s spot.
Click to connect to Nixon’s Spirit Shop for purchase: http://goo.gl/qZeue1.
Tickets ($22 pre-purchase, $25 at the door) already include ice skate rental, and are non-refundable. All children must be with an adult, but only those on the ice require a ticket. Spectators are free!
Please, to save you time:
- Fill out the required waiver before arrival (look for it in Feb. 16th’s Friday folder). The waiver must be done by the parent/guardian!
So, if someone besides a parent/guardian is taking your child to the event, you must fill out the waiver in advance for them to be able to skate.
- Bring the completed WAIVER AND A PRINTOUT of your ONLINE TICKET RECEIPT for quicker entry. If you’re unable to purchase online, bring a check to school and fill out a sign-up sheet, available now at Becky’s desk. Turn in the completed sheet, waiver, and check to Becky.
⛑Remember, the ice is hard, and your child’s brain is soft. Bike helmets strongly recommended!
Come have a 🍕 pizza 🍕 dinner and a blast with your friends. See you on the 24th!
?’s: contact Rachel Wheeler at email@example.com