Under the guidance of the Santa Clara Public Health Department and Santa Clara County Office of Education, public schools in Santa Clara County are closed. All of our school offices and district offices will be closed to the public beginning Tuesday, March 17. For communication with school and district employees, please email specific staff directly. Contact information can be found on the Palo Alto Unified School District website, pausd.org, or your child’s specific school website, https://www.pausd.org/schools. PAUSD employees have been asked to work remotely during this time. Teachers will be supporting flexible learning options (FLOs) for students and will be working off campus to meet student academic needs as much as possible during this unprecedented time. District leadership is working to develop specific guidelines for staff and will be implementing plans as conditions change. Please see the PAUSD School Closure Resources for resources and updated information. On this page you will find information pertaining to:
- School and District Operations
- Meals for students
- Staff expectations
- Elementary and Secondary educational resources
This website will be updated regularly during the school closure.
Winter Lodge (3009 Middlefield Road, Palo Alto)
Pack your scarves, hats, and bike helmets and join us for an evening of ice skating fun! Tickets are available online. Cost is $24 per skater if pre-purchased, $25 at the door (rental skates included). Spectators are free! Scholarships are available — just ask Becky.
To comply with PTA insurance rules, WAIVER FORMS are REQUIRED for the party; a PARENT or GUARDIAN MUST BE THE ONE to fill out the form for each minor (siblings can be on one form).
So, here’s what you do to make sure you sign up completely:
- Pre-purchasing ONLINE is the best option for quickest entry: nixonelementary.myschoolcentral.com. Please, print out the online receipt, and on the 19th, bring that with your completed waiver. You can pre-purchase online until midnight, Feb 18th. Please do not submit this waiver to Becky if you buy online. Bring it with you on the 19th, with your receipt..
- If you wish instead to pre-purchase using a paper form and a check, you can find the paper form at Becky’s desk. It’s located near the envelope where you will return the form, check, and waiver all together (the waiver is also on the paper form, so no need to remember this sheet). Please submit all three by 3 pm on Feb 18th.
- There will also be a line to purchase tickets at the door. To save you time, bring a completed waiver with you.
Questions? Contact Wes Hartmann at firstname.lastname@example.org
You are invited to join PAUSD Superintendent Don Austin at the upcoming PSN Community Forum: School-based Initiatives for Youth Wellness. This event will be held on August 28, 3:30-5:30PM, at Cubberly Community Center.
Download event flyer
If you love books and working with children, the library is the place for you. Check the sign-up to see your child’s library time. Shifts can be rotated among multiple parents. More than one parent can work a shift. Come to a training session on Tuesday, August 27th at 8:00 AM (new date) in the library. Please e-mail Nixon’s librarian, Laura Lajeunesse with any questions email@example.com
Back to School Night is coming up, where parents get to see your children’s new classrooms and meet their teachers (parents-only event). Please consider coming a bit early to attend the PTA General Meeting…come find out what the PTA is about, meet new people, get involved and help us approve our budget and calendar for the school year.