For any families who have children beginning Kindergarten in the Fall (2019-2020 school year). Please make sure you register between January 9th – February 13th, 2019 to maintain your priority 1/sibling status. All registrations are handled at the District Office at 25 Churchill Avenue. You can access the requirements at www.pausd.org/. Nixon will have a Kindergarten orientation (for parents only) on Friday, February 22, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. in the Theater.
**Additionally, if you have an incoming kindergarten sibling, please email Becky to let her know (email@example.com).
Please pass this information on to anyone that you know who has a child who might be starting Kindergarten in the Fall.
- 1/9/19–2/13/19 — Priority 1 Kinder Registration
- 1/10/19 — Kinder Info Night – Location TBD – 7:00 pm (translation provided)
- 1/23/19 — Kinder Info Night – Location TBD – 7:00 pm (translation provided)
- 2/22/19 — Incoming Kinder Visitation Day – 9:00 am – Nixon Theater
Current students do not need to re-register. You will receive an email from the District some time in March or April with instructions on completing the annual update. This can be done online.
Come have fun with us, during the annual Nixon Ice Skating Night at Winter Lodge!
Go to Nixon’s Spirit Shop to purchase tickets online.
Tickets ($22 pre-purchase, $25 at the door) already include ice skate rental, and are non-refundable. All children must be with an adult, but only those on the ice require a ticket. Spectators are free!
Please, to save you time:
- Fill out the required waiver before arrival (look for it in a Friday folder). The waiver must be done by the parent/guardian!
So, if someone besides a parent/guardian is taking your child to the event, you must fill out the waiver in advance for them to be able to skate.
- Bring the completed WAIVER AND A PRINTOUT of your ONLINE TICKET RECEIPT for quicker entry. If you’re unable to purchase online, bring a check to school and fill out a sign-up sheet, available now at Becky’s desk. Turn in the completed sheet, waiver, and check to Becky.
⛑Remember, the ice is hard, and your child’s brain is soft. Bike helmets strongly recommended!
Come have a 🍕 pizza 🍕 dinner and a blast with your friends. See you on the 24th!
?’s: contact Rachel Wheeler at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Nixon Theatre will be transformed into a bookstore. Books and educational products selected for our book fair are hand picked for our school with a great selection of paperbacks, new release hardcovers, and more!
- A book for your child: As the students preview the Book Fair, they will have a chance to make a list of books they are most excited about. Here’s a perfect opportunity to encourage their love of books!
- A book for the classroom: Each teacher will have a wish list so that you can easily purchase the perfect book for your child’s classroom.
- A book for all occasions: What better gift than a book? You can take care of your holiday and birthday shopping. All at the Nixon Book Fair.
New this year! The bookstore will also be open on Wednesday evening from 5:30 – 7:30 pm.
More info: http://www.scholastic.com/bf/nixon
The Nixon PTA endorses Measure Z on the November ballot, to upgrade classrooms, science and engineering labs, and other school facilities in Palo Alto Unified School District.
We live in one of the best school districts in California and the nation. Ten years ago, voters overwhelmingly approved the Strong Schools Bond Measure to fund improvements to aging schools. These projects were completed on time and on budget. However, this measure was only intended to address the first half of facility needs identified at that time.
Measure Z is the next step in the plan to upgrade our schools. Voting Yes on Z provides dedicated local funding to complete the next phase of repairs and improvements, so our schools remain safe, accessible and able to support 21st-century learning standards.
Ensure school facilities are accessible for students with disabilities and equitable for all.
Vote YES on Z to:
- Upgrade schools to current seismic safety standards to help keep students safe in an earthquake
- Complete needed repairs and renovations at school facilities by replacing aging roofs, plumbing, electrical, heating and ventilation systems
- Increase school safety and security by upgrading re alarms, door locks and emergency communication systems to meet current standards
- Provide classrooms and labs to support up-to-date science, technology, engineering and robotics instruction
- Provide up-to-date facilities to maintain outstanding performing and visual arts programs
Measure Z Requires Strict Fiscal Accountability
- By law, all funds must stay local and no money can be taken away by the State. No funds can be used for administrators’ salaries, pensions or benefits
- An independent citizens’ oversight committee and annual audits are mandatory to ensure funds are spent as promised.
Please join us in supporting the continued success of our students by voting Yes on Z.
Join your Nixon Community on Saturday, September 15th at 11:00AM for the Stanford vs. UC Davis football game. We will be seated together to cheer on the Cardinal. Don’t forget, it’s Cardinal Kids Day which means there will be fun kid-friendly activities pre-game and post-game in the Fan Fest area.
All kids 8th grade and under are free with paid adult admission (up to 4 kids per adult). Adult tickets are $20. To buy your tickets visit gostanford.com/promo-code and enter STANFORD:NIXON.
Questions? Contact Mike Stryker at (650) 724-7314, email@example.com or Nixon parent Tracie Crothers at firstname.lastname@example.org