Bring the whole family for an evening of fun and learning at a one of a kind Nixon event: Information Science & Engineering Night!
After 10 weeks of studying communication, measurement, and representation of “information”, Stanford students from the Information Theory Class, taught by Nixon parent Dr. Tsachy Weismann, will share their findings with the Nixon community through interactive games, performances, activities and more! Come to explore the beauty and utility of information science and engineering, in a way that is fun for the entire family.
Event info: Saturday, March 16th 5:30-7:30PM at Nixon
Registration is REQUIRED — follow this link: http://bit.ly/ISENight
Concessions will be offered by the 5th grade.
For any families who have children beginning Kindergarten in the Fall (2019-2020 school year). Please make sure you register between January 9th – February 13th, 2019 to maintain your priority 1/sibling status. All registrations are handled at the District Office at 25 Churchill Avenue. You can access the requirements at www.pausd.org/. Nixon will have a Kindergarten orientation (for parents only) on Friday, February 22, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. in the Theater.
**Additionally, if you have an incoming kindergarten sibling, please email Becky to let her know (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please pass this information on to anyone that you know who has a child who might be starting Kindergarten in the Fall.
- 1/9/19–2/13/19 — Priority 1 Kinder Registration
- 1/10/19 — Kinder Info Night – Location TBD – 7:00 pm (translation provided)
- 1/23/19 — Kinder Info Night – Location TBD – 7:00 pm (translation provided)
- 2/22/19 — Incoming Kinder Visitation Day – 9:00 am – Nixon Theater
Current students do not need to re-register. You will receive an email from the District some time in March or April with instructions on completing the annual update. This can be done online.
The Nixon Theatre will be transformed into a bookstore. Books and educational products selected for our book fair are hand picked for our school with a great selection of paperbacks, new release hardcovers, and more!
- A book for your child: As the students preview the Book Fair, they will have a chance to make a list of books they are most excited about. Here’s a perfect opportunity to encourage their love of books!
- A book for the classroom: Each teacher will have a wish list so that you can easily purchase the perfect book for your child’s classroom.
- A book for all occasions: What better gift than a book? You can take care of your holiday and birthday shopping. All at the Nixon Book Fair.
New this year! The bookstore will also be open on Wednesday evening from 5:30 – 7:30 pm.
More info: http://www.scholastic.com/bf/nixon
Join your Nixon Community on Saturday, September 15th at 11:00AM for the Stanford vs. UC Davis football game. We will be seated together to cheer on the Cardinal. Don’t forget, it’s Cardinal Kids Day which means there will be fun kid-friendly activities pre-game and post-game in the Fan Fest area.
All kids 8th grade and under are free with paid adult admission (up to 4 kids per adult). Adult tickets are $20. To buy your tickets visit gostanford.com/promo-code and enter STANFORD:NIXON.
Questions? Contact Mike Stryker at (650) 724-7314, email@example.com or Nixon parent Tracie Crothers at firstname.lastname@example.org