The Nixon PTA endorses Measure Z on the November ballot, to upgrade classrooms, science and engineering labs, and other school facilities in Palo Alto Unified School District.
We live in one of the best school districts in California and the nation. Ten years ago, voters overwhelmingly approved the Strong Schools Bond Measure to fund improvements to aging schools. These projects were completed on time and on budget. However, this measure was only intended to address the first half of facility needs identified at that time.
Measure Z is the next step in the plan to upgrade our schools. Voting Yes on Z provides dedicated local funding to complete the next phase of repairs and improvements, so our schools remain safe, accessible and able to support 21st-century learning standards.
Ensure school facilities are accessible for students with disabilities and equitable for all.
Vote YES on Z to:
- Upgrade schools to current seismic safety standards to help keep students safe in an earthquake
- Complete needed repairs and renovations at school facilities by replacing aging roofs, plumbing, electrical, heating and ventilation systems
- Increase school safety and security by upgrading re alarms, door locks and emergency communication systems to meet current standards
- Provide classrooms and labs to support up-to-date science, technology, engineering and robotics instruction
- Provide up-to-date facilities to maintain outstanding performing and visual arts programs
Measure Z Requires Strict Fiscal Accountability
- By law, all funds must stay local and no money can be taken away by the State. No funds can be used for administrators’ salaries, pensions or benefits
- An independent citizens’ oversight committee and annual audits are mandatory to ensure funds are spent as promised.
Please join us in supporting the continued success of our students by voting Yes on Z.Measure_Z_Flyer1